SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
5,005 Posts
Please post a pic of yours when you get it done. I have a Granite too and don't know what I want. Thanks

Sure thing. Do you have black interior or sepia? Sepia will make the tints look lighter black interior will make them look darker.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
91 Posts
Hey, I'm new to the site and currently waiting on my Challenger Hellcat. But I'm a highly experienced (32 years) at window tinting. I live in MA and had a detailing/tinting shop for 15yrs. I sold it back in 04 but still do car tinting for some customers. I currently own a company that specializes in fixing foggy skylights/doors/windows and we tint homes and commercial properties.
Point being is if anyone has any question on tinting, types of film, installation techniques or the like, feel free to shoot me a message.

I can tell you that it is indeed illegal in any state to tint the windshield.
Window tint, even lighter film will look dark if you have a dark interior.
Most police officers who actually carry tint meters here in MA are the type that slide over a window that rolls up/down. To measure back windows or fixed windows a more expensive meter is needed... So typically they only measure the front/side windows. Many people choose to tint their rear windows 20% and keep the sides legal. This cuts down more exterior light from entering so the side windows look darker but actually pass the meter test...
There are many different types of film offered. Some films are colored with dyes and will fade and turn purple from UV light after several years. It's worth it to spend a little more and find an experienced installer using high performance films. I currently use Suntek but there are a number of good manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
IMHO 35% all around is the way to go, especially if the state has strict tint laws as far as the front (driver/co driver) window tints are concerned. Even though 35 is illegal in CA(front tinting itself is illegal), it helps with not getting unwarranted attention. I feel anything lower than that, would make it hard for cops to look inside and that's when all the problems happen.

Secondly I am a fan of the uniform appearance and therefore kept it 35% for everything minus the front windshield which is at 80%. I had 35% in front and 5%(limo) at the rear and rear windshield earlier, but then changed it to 35% all around as I hated the mismatched look and it was virtually impossible to back up at night as I could barely see anything.

I got my windshield tinted (80%) to reduce the glare and to protect the interior/dash. It is absolutely unnoticeable unless I tell you it's there. It definitely keeps the cabin cooler.

PS: The tints look darker on darker cars and black interiors. You need to factor that in, if you decide to go really dark with the tints. I personally chose Suntek CXP (top of the line) after doing my research and also the fact, that it is made in USA.

Reactions: shadowsk

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
35% all around....80% windshield. Phantom Black charger, black interior.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
How do you deal with the inspection sticker issue, at 80% windshield?
In CA If your vehicle is 6 years old or less, you do not have to have your vehicle smog checked every 2 years. Instead, you pay an annual $20 smog abatement fee for your first 6 years of registration. After 6 years, you are subject to the regular smog check program.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
422 Posts
In CA If your vehicle is 6 years old or less, you do not have to have your vehicle smog checked every 2 years. Instead, you pay an annual $20 smog abatement fee for your first 6 years of registration. After 6 years, you are subject to the regular smog check program.
I'll write back in 5 years. lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
205 Posts
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Got my windows tinted , wasn't gonna but guy that did my xpel on front bumper, hood, front fenders, mirrors, said it would look good,
Does look nice I think

Reactions: jamie707

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
38 Posts
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi everyone I'm in Alberta Canada and just picked my 2016 hellcat up June 7 2016, got windows tinted 5% on 3 back windows and 35% on door windows also a brow on front.
I'm loving the power and look of the beast I had a 2010 challenger rt that I traded on the hellcat lots of thumbs up on people driving buy and cameras out here is my old rt ]

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
View attachment 44057 View attachment 44050 Hi everyone I'm in Alberta Canada and just picked my 2016 hellcat up June 7 2016, got windows tinted 5% on 3 back windows and 35% on door windows also a brow on front.
I'm loving the power and look of the beast I had a 2010 challenger rt that I traded on the hellcat lots of thumbs up on people driving buy and cameras out here is my old rt ]
Hellcat vinyl looks AWESOME with the black on black. Subtle compared to the other decals. Well done.

·
Challenger SRT Demon
173 Posts
View attachment 44057 View attachment 44050 Hi everyone I'm in Alberta Canada and just picked my 2016 hellcat up June 7 2016, got windows tinted 5% on 3 back windows and 35% on door windows also a brow on front.
Hey, where did you get the rear stripe with the hellcat logo? Looks great.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
38 Posts
image.jpeg
Hellcat vinyl looks AWESOME with the black on black. Subtle compared to the other decals. Well done.
Thanks CrazyCat83 with the carbon fibre hood I just wanted to stay on back end with stripe but then we dropped a hellcat gloss black onto the carbon fibre hood after we put expel protectant on it turned out sweet not overboard anyways

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
38 Posts
Hey, where did you get the rear stripe with the hellcat logo? Looks great.
Hi Rham I got it made up with a shop in town here but seen a pic on the Internet with it so he had a pic to kinda go buy thanks for great comments

·
Challenger SRT Demon
173 Posts
Hi Rham I got it made up with a shop in town here but seen a pic on the Internet with it so he had a pic to kinda go buy thanks for great comments
I've contacted a local graphics shop that may be able to do this for me. By chance do you have more pics of the stripe and the hellcat logo, preferably straight on and up close. Or if you can send me the specs that would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
38 Posts
The stripe was 9 inches Rham and the hellcat abit wider then that sorry no measurement hope this helps:)

81 - 100 of 118 Posts