SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm calling a local dealership this morning that just got in a TRX. There are a few at other local dealerships, but none are close to the options I am looking for and this one is just what I want, just Option Group 1 and in black, $75k MSRP. I will offer to buy today at MSRP, not a dime more. Hoping it being month end and quarter end will help.

Wish me luck, more to follow! :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
703 Posts
I just turned down a granite TRX that I had ordered. Truck did not look much different than any other Ram pickup on the lot. I will look at a 2022 in orange when the order banks open. Enjoy your TRX!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just turned down a granite TRX that I had ordered. Truck did not look much different than any other Ram pickup on the lot. I will look at a 2022 in orange when the order banks open. Enjoy your TRX!!
Right. And now Hellcats don't look much different than the other Chargers/Challengers. People got butthurt when Dodge put the Hellcat hood and round exhaust tips on non-Hellcats. Didn't bother me. It's what's under the hood that counts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a short conversation, they want $15k over MSRP...:poop:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds about right. The dealership closest to me has their Launch Edition sitting at $20k over up from $10k a few weeks ago. Bananas.
That’s crazy. I wouldn’t pay over. I’ve been offered over though on my LE TRX a couple times.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
216 Posts
Right. And now Hellcats don't look much different than the other Chargers/Challengers. People got butthurt when Dodge put the Hellcat hood and round exhaust tips on non-Hellcats. Didn't bother me. It's what's under the hood that counts.
I like that Dodge put the old Hellcat hoods on other models. Makes a Hellcat stand out just a little less. Protection within the herd, LOL.
Owners can always stick SUPERCHARGED 370 emblems on the hood if they really want to help out joyriders and car thieves looking for a Hellcat. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
450 Posts
I like that Dodge put the old Hellcat hoods on other models. Makes a Hellcat stand out just a little less. Protection within the herd, LOL.
Owners can always stick SUPERCHARGED 370 emblems on the hood if they really want to help out joyriders and car thieves looking for a Hellcat. :)
No I don’t I’m one of those who believe it should be like the demon hood, if they aren’t giving them out why give out the redeye hood, at least those two hoods should be kept to those models..I get it’s about selling cars but like GM does they don’t normally share the higher body end parts with the lower end cars..I know it doesn’t make any difference to your own car, but stil..
you can’t just order a Shelby hood so at least they got it right..I’d even say the hellcat body parts shouldn’t be sold unless you have a hellcat, at least not on lower models..
on the other hand I’m a big liker of sleepers , there’s nothing like a GT challenger with a hellcat swap..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol wtf that’s dumb, dodge is going to make as many as they can sell, so by next yr there will tons on the lot, and huge disconuts..
you're kidding me! I can't believe they can do that.
a friend of a friend just bought one here in Canada, Ontario.. the guy paid 150k :oops:
You think that's bad, another local dealership got one in, I called them and those aholes want $25k over!! :mad:

I hope your right and their lots are full of them next year selling at Invoice.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good luck!
I've given up. I'll just wait until next year, let Dodge work out the bugs (they seem prevalent but not surprising for any first time production run) and get my price next year.

Reactions: gnx1234

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
450 Posts
It will be just like the Redeye and hellcat , I was offered a 14k discount off of MRSP,& I know I’m not the only one..if you recall the first redeye’s/ hellcats even the SRT8 challengers sold over MRSP..now they are all over sold at huge discounts used.the TRX will be no different soon the value will drop and they will start popping up with low miles on them, so for me the discount you will be able get on a used one I don’t mind sharing the new car smell with the first buyer & thanking him or her fir taking the hit :)...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I mean you can definitely get them at msrp. Below that probably next year or so. It seems rare on the Rex to get it at invoice or below msrp. Got one on its way to oklahoma in a bit for msrp. Dealer sent me the build sheet. Level one though.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,877 Posts
It seems rare on the Rex to get it at invoice or below msrp.
Last week I picked up the girlfriend's ordered TRX, for well under MSRP.
Today I ordered mine, also for many thousand less than MSRP.

But it looks like if you let the dealer order them and then buy off the lot, they can get quite expensive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Last week I picked up the girlfriend's ordered TRX, for well under MSRP.
Today I ordered mine, also for many thousand less than MSRP.

But it looks like if you let the dealer order them and then buy off the lot, they can get quite expensive.
Let us know where

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,877 Posts
Southern Utah. For a mere $100 in untraceable bills I'll let you know where.
Just kidding. PM me if you're serious.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts