SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
In my interpretation the 1320's and 392's are all Scatt Packs so the 2015 SRT 392 is a Scatt Pack even though they didn't call it that until 2016 when it became a full trim of it's own. As I see it there are the V6's, R/T's, Scatt Packs, and Hellcats. I would consider the SRT8 a precursor to the current Scatt Packs.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
They make the names confusing; SE became STX, GT is usually a higher end performance designation except Dodge has it as the deluxe V6, Scat Packs were 14 sec cars but the new R/T's beat that stock so all the V8's are 'Scatt Packs' by that measure. The 2015 SRT 392 is it's own model I think and not sure what trim is closest to it now.

I'd like to take a Shaker and beef it up to +800 HP.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Same site has a 21' regular HC WB for $97K, a 22' RE for $104K, and a 20' SP for $56K. It seems like I've been looking at the car market in the wrong way, apparently you are supposed to buy a car for a premium then sell it a couple of years later for 20% over. My 15' must be worth $80K now.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I keep looking at the SRT 392's and can't see paying that much for one even in pristine condition and low millage. It is mostly technology and aesthetic options over the SP. While it gets the SRT badging besides the 6 piston brakes there doesn't seem to be any improvement to the mechanical features, performance wise they were the same as the Scat Packs except SRT's had the performance pages, leather seat options, SRT steering wheel. At Sticker of $49K in 2015 car should have sold for around $45-46K, It's not a HC and there are newer Scat Packs that are as well optioned for similar price.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
If you are a fan of the different trim levels and need it to complete the set, I guess. Considering a fully optioned T/A or Shaker goes for over $60K now, it's not a bad deal for $46K just not a great deal. I believe the change in platforms will have an effect on the price, if they keep the Challengers the same body styling but have electric and hybrid options then it will muddy the waters on the sub-HC trims. If they kill off the Challenger for a time and bring back the Avenger, Dart, or other designations then they should maintain value. Most people don't know the difference between trims and can't tell the difference between a SXT and a SRT, only fans debate 392 vs. T/A vs. SRT so the market is relatively small for people who really differentiate.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
can you guys show us ANY fully loaded big V8 car, with less than 4k miles on the odometer, with adaptive suspension, nav screen/electronics, and 6 piston brembo brakes, which can be had for less than $46k in today's used car market? lets start from there.
Kind of putting us in a box with the 6 piston Brembos, SS have 4 piston all around so the six piston are more for show than necessity (I still like the giant red calipers).

That's how I tend to compare cars. Someone has to LOVE the Mopar to want to buy it... and that love has to be more emotional than practical because the Mopar doesn't have very many positive comparison points to pretty much anything at this stage in its life cycle.
This^^^^SickToo & G3SRT, you are focusing on the parts you find valuable, others may look at the handling vs. a ZL1 or interior vs. Genesis, for a fan $46K may be reasonable to get the sublime SRT, they'll probably sell it for that but you'll start seeing 2015 & 2016 HC's with 50K miles for that in the near future, I'd rather have the HC. I think we are peeking in the car market now and in 6 months things will be coming back to reality (raising the interest rates will put an end to the crazy market). Your trying to convince the choir about the value of a low millage well maintained Challenger, we are just saying what the market value should be for that car seven years after production, it's no where near the Demon league with limited production numbers making it more valuable.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I knew a guy from CA that grew up with one of the members and knew all of them well before they became famous, he was going to go on tour as a roadie (?). He moved to Texas back in 2005. They had issues before but the influx of fame and cash for a heron addict is a death sentence. I have no idea how Eric Clapton, Pete Townsend, and Iggy Pop are still alive.

What is this worth? does "used in Movie" add value or detract?

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts