SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across a 2016 Sublime Challenger SRT 392 with 3,300 miles on the clock and it really looks like this thing is immaculate. I’m seriously thinking about scooping this up. I have never driven one of these before but with it being an M6 I think it would be a blast. Whoever had it obviously kept it garaged as there is absolutely no corrosion on the rotors. So for those of you who have or have had one of these I’d like your input on this SRT 392. I like the fact that it isn’t a Scat. I know it’s overpriced @ 46,000 but if they’re not negotiable would you guys pay the price in this market for something like this

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No! And send me the seller's contact information so I can scold him. :rolleyes:
Lol,
$46K seems a little high for a 16' Scat Pack even with the low millage, they aren't all that rare. $40K seems to be around the fair side.
no doubt.. only thing is it’s technically Amit a scat but it is? The SRT with an M6… umm going to try and negotiate, thing that scares me it’s been on the lot for over 200 days

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Worth it if you don't want to add anymore power. If power is what you seek, get a hellcat.

R.K.
I already have a hellcat, kinda wanted old school muscle car manual ya know? Thought it would be a cool experience. I have an SS on order but thought I’d like to bang some gears.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scat Pack used to be the name a dodge car club. A bunch of drag racers. Dodge shoulda never made a badge of it and put it on a car that some soccer mom or car n coffee guy is gonna buy. Like putting a R/T badge on a mini van. Why Chrysler? Part of the reason I removed all that crap soon as I got my ‘16

Someone up there ^^^ said the ratio’s are better in a 6.4 car vs a HC but it’s subjective. I HATED the ratio’s in the manual 6.4 after just one test drive. Was dead set on a manual until I drove one. Ended up buying a auto

I would suggest driving a 6.4 manual around town before buying that car. If you are used to the 6.2 ratio’s you will prolly hate it. Or maybe you will love it, who knows. It’s different tho so do yourself a favor and know what you are buying
Lol, no doubt appreciate it. I’m going to look at and test drive on Wed. It’s been sitting at the dealer for 200 plus days so it all seems to good to be true. It’s probably a V6 🤣🤣

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In my interpretation the 1320's and 392's are all Scatt Packs so the 2015 SRT 392 is a Scatt Pack even though they didn't call it that until 2016 when it became a full trim of it's own. As I see it there are the V6's, R/T's, Scatt Packs, and Hellcats. I would consider the SRT8 a precursor to the current Scatt Packs.
The SRT 392 from what I understand has literally everything the hellcat has aside from the drive train. It has all of the drive modes and even has line lock and launch control. I never really liked the scats but this thing with the SRT badging is pretty bad ass

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
...and being listed by the typical dealer that knows nothing abut theses cars:

"Under the hood is our fierce Super Charged 6.4 Liter SRT HEMI V8 that serves up an intoxicating roar along with its 486hp."

Tell them you'll buy it right now if they can show you where the supercharger is.

Or in the alternative, tell them you are deducting $5,000 from the price because the supercharger is missing.
I didn’t even notice that!! Lol, clowns

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
And it’s green

View attachment 597318

Too bad it’s got the manual with the jacked up 1st-4th ratios

Isn’t dude posed to drive it today? Can hardly wait to hear his impression of the combo
Unfortunately I never made it there I found a 2021 Redeye and would never be able to talk the wife into a 2nd Challenger. I was really looking forward to seeing and test driving this vehicle but…. I never made it there due to my recent purchase of my Hellcat. My apologies for this thread essentially being pointless, I really intended on driving and buying this thing if it was this good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts