SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,064 Posts
In my interpretation the 1320's and 392's are all Scatt Packs so the 2015 SRT 392 is a Scatt Pack even though they didn't call it that until 2016 when it became a full trim of it's own. As I see it there are the V6's, R/T's, Scatt Packs, and Hellcats. I would consider the SRT8 a precursor to the current Scatt Packs.
They had both the SRT 392 and the Scat Pack starting in 2015. I think they got rid of the SRT 392 in 2017.
The SRT was a premium car like the Hellcat but with the 392 engine.
Scat Pack had the drive train but more of the R/T 5.7 interior etc. For some reason I think the brakes were different too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,064 Posts
Just for giggles, here's a 2,000 mile Prune-Sanity (Hellraisen) 2021 Widebody Scat Pack R/T automatic that just popped up at my local dealer. They want $58,125 for a car that originally MSRP'd at $57,775

View attachment 597319

View attachment 597320

View attachment 597321

Here's the orginal window sticker online:

View attachment 597322
Don't forget the $4750 in Power Dollar discount.
And likely some sort of below invoice pricing.
That car was probably 49 and change plus TTL for whoever bought it new.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,064 Posts
Cars.com shows a 13k 2016 Mustang GT Premium for 31k. I didn't dig into it to see if it was a PP car or not.

I try not to nit-pick when I look at Challengers. But it's getting harder not to. It might be a 2015, but tech-wise, it's a 2012. The current prices are resultant from an overly inflated bubble. At some point it's going to pop, and the non-Hellcats with their 2008-2012 tech stack are going to be the first to go. I know we're all Mopar fans here, but just go to another brand dealership (Ford, Chevy, etc) and just look what you get in a 2022 from them vs. what you're paying for and not getting in a more expensive Dodge. The 2015 in this post is even more slammed further down the tech pole and the price is just ludicrous for what you get.

I mean, for 46k you can get a NEW 2022 Mustang Premium (401A). For 51k, it can get the Performance pack. And, for 53k, you can fully load it with performance options and their Magneride suspension. I know, it's not a Mopar etc. etc., but for just about the same price, you can get a car with the same HP, considerably less weight, and up-to-date modern integrated features. In the 2015 Challenger... you get the model year with the bad UConnect screen, a low res camera, poorly integrated smart phone compatibility, and that's just about it with no warranty. Unlike the Mopars, the 2022 Mustang GTs are plentiful on dealer lots. The Mach 1s are quite a bit more expensive, but the 401A GTs are still sensibly priced. FWIW, the stock 2022 GT is considerably faster than even the 2022 Scat Packs... and vs. the older M6 2015 392, it's not even close.

That's how I tend to compare cars. Someone has to LOVE the Mopar to want to buy it... and that love has to be more emotional than practical because the Mopar doesn't have very many positive comparison points to pretty much anything at this stage in its life cycle.
A new Camaro SS 1LE can be had for 45k ish. Loaded is around 50k
Many years newer. 455hp but some would call it the best handling "muscle car" you can buy.

I get the logic.
I still love the Mopars, but they have gotten really expensive across the board. Even the TRX is now up 11k from when it came out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts