SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,284 Posts
*they realized the ratios blow and put a solenoid in the shifter so it wants to go from low to 4th

Curious what you will think after driving it

Reactions: 6lbSsFt

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
They make the names confusing; SE became STX, GT is usually a higher end performance designation except Dodge has it as the deluxe V6, Scat Packs were 14 sec cars but the new R/T's beat that stock so all the V8's are 'Scatt Packs' by that measure. The 2015 SRT 392 is it's own model I think and not sure what trim is closest to it now.

I'd like to take a Shaker and beef it up to +800 HP.

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,984 Posts
Brand new, it was around 41k. Out of warranty on a 392 with the known Hemi tick issues many of them develop, that's not what I call a premium car. It's an idle garage queen which could be just as bad as a 50k mile car. I had a 2018 that had 2 cams and all of the lifters replaced under warranty... all in under 17k miles.

I recognize that there's a shortage, but this car is way overpriced. By at least 10 grand.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,815 Posts
At the end of the day, its pretty much what a loaded scatpack is today, though having the 3 SRT drive modes is a huge plus . I had a 2018 392 TA M6 and really liked driving it. 52k miles in a bit over a year and ZERO complaints other than I wish it had the 3 mode suspension since the static TA suspension was a bit bouncy on the highway. 1320 was better with street mode at least but in the end that motor is a good pairing with the Challenger and the M6. 392s arent cheap to mod so if thats what you have in mind, just buy a HC. The color is a bonus. $46 is a bit high but if its been sitting there for 200 days they should be willing to move some.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,553 Posts
$46K seems a little high for a 2015 Scat Pack even with the low millage, they aren't all that rare. $40K seems to be around the fair side.
Fixed that for ya.
Also that car is far from what a ‘15 SP was back then. It’s Hellcat everything, just without the engine.
Wasnt until ‘19 that the SP got all the goodies.
Still a bit high on the money though.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
HOTM Winner
11,553 Posts
Brand new, it was around 41k. Out of warranty on a 392 with the known Hemi tick issues many of them develop, that's not what I call a premium car. It's an idle garage queen which could be just as bad as a 50k mile car. I had a 2018 that had 2 cams and all of the lifters replaced under warranty... all in under 17k miles.

I recognize that there's a shortage, but this car is way overpriced. By at least 10 grand.
Brand new the loaded A8 which this isnt, was $50k. Deduct a cpl of G’s for manual trans = 48k ish.
SRT itself was the rarest model from 2015-18. overpriced yes but not 10k. Miles are extremely low as well

Reactions: 6lbSsFt

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Brand new the loaded A8 which this isnt, was $50k. Deduct a cpl of G’s for manual trans = 48k ish.
SRT itself was the rarest model from 2015-18. overpriced yes but not 10k. Miles are extremely low as well
I bought a 2018 T/A 392 brand new for 45k, and it had literally every option. Depends on the market as to what the original sale price was, but that car down where I am would have sold for between 39 and 45 or so, depending on options. I never saw a 50k SP for sale within 200 miles of NW FL until the 50th anniv. cars came out. Those were 50-51k.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
809 Posts
Lol, no doubt appreciate it. I’m going to look at and test drive on Wed. It’s been sitting at the dealer for 200 plus days so it all seems to good to be true. It’s probably a V6 🤣🤣
Actually the $46k isn't too far off from what Cargurus estimates for its instant market value. Looks like it only "overpriced" by $600 ;)
If you have the VIN, add it to the end of this URL address after the = sign (Car Values - What’s My Car Worth? - CarGurus). Fill in your zip and the mileage for a more accurate valuation.
Rectangle Font Technology Software Parallel

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
HOTM Winner
11,553 Posts
I bought a 2018 T/A 392 brand new for 45k, and it had literally every option. Depends on the market as to what the original sale price was, but that car down where I am would have sold for between 39 and 45 or so, depending on options. I never saw a 50k SP for sale within 200 miles of NW FL until the 50th anniv. cars came out. Those were 50-51k.
Thing is it isnt a SP or a T/A lol. SRT was a level above those. Most people don’t even know what they are. They were the go-between, above those but below a hellcat. Sticker was higher for an SRT.

·
Registered
459 Posts
...and being listed by the typical dealer that knows nothing abut theses cars:

"Under the hood is our fierce Super Charged 6.4 Liter SRT HEMI V8 that serves up an intoxicating roar along with its 486hp."

Tell them you'll buy it right now if they can show you where the supercharger is.

Or in the alternative, tell them you are deducting $5,000 from the price because the supercharger is missing.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
...and being listed by the typical dealer that knows nothing abut theses cars:

"Under the hood is our fierce Super Charged 6.4 Liter SRT HEMI V8 that serves up an intoxicating roar along with its 486hp."

Tell them you'll buy it right now if they can show you where the supercharger is.

Or in the alternative, tell them you are deducting $5,000 from the price because the supercharger is missing.
I didn’t even notice that!! Lol, clowns

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
It also doesn't have the Tech Package they claim it has. This includes rain sensing wipers, auto headlights, and adaptive cruise. If it did have that package, you'd see the buttons on the right bottom of the steering wheel not being blank, but having the controls for the adaptive cruise system. It's also not got the forward sensor in the lower grille.

It's a nice car, but all it really has in terms of premium options are the alcantara/napa interior and the sunroof. At the price they're asking, it would need a lot more options to even come close to justifying it.

·
HOTM Winner
11,553 Posts
It also doesn't have the Tech Package they claim it has. This includes rain sensing wipers, auto headlights, and adaptive cruise. If it did have that package, you'd see the buttons on the right bottom of the steering wheel not being blank, but having the controls for the adaptive cruise system. It's also not got the forward sensor in the lower grille.

It's a nice car, but all it really has in terms of premium options are the alcantara/napa interior and the sunroof. At the price they're asking, it would need a lot more options to even come close to justifying it.
I dont think the manuals could get the acc. Not sure.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts