SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
635 Posts
6.4 v8, ~500hp/tq, and fully loaded with the standard hellcat electronics and ammenities. and only ~4k miles. 46k is not s stiff price at all, in today's market. If this was 2019/early 2020, then yes, this car should go for 35k, but those days are long gone.

If you are planning on modding and supercharging, then the 6.4 is not a friendly platform. If you plan on having a NA 500hp engine with a manual, this is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Same site has a 21' regular HC WB for $97K, a 22' RE for $104K, and a 20' SP for $56K. It seems like I've been looking at the car market in the wrong way, apparently you are supposed to buy a car for a premium then sell it a couple of years later for 20% over. My 15' must be worth $80K now.

·
Registered
Charger 392
171 Posts
It is a nice Challenger and only two years for the SRT model with the larger brakes and 9.5 inch wheels standard. But like said it was overpriced back in 2015/16 and with today's market it is still overpriced. I do not recommend anyone getting a used Challenger with a V8 until the market settles unless you find a great deal. Used Scat Packs with over 20,000 miles are going for a few thousand over the original MSRP. It is absolutely crazy. But there are folks that just have to have one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just came across a 2016 Sublime Challenger SRT 392 with 3,300 miles on the clock and it really looks like this thing is immaculate. I’m seriously thinking about scooping this up. I have never driven one of these before but with it being an M6 I think it would be a blast. Whoever had it obviously kept it garaged as there is absolutely no corrosion on the rotors. So for those of you who have or have had one of these I’d like your input on this SRT 392. I like the fact that it isn’t a Scat. I know it’s overpriced @ 46,000 but if they’re not negotiable would you guys pay the price in this market for something like this

yes 46k is fair. the carmarekt would you 50k+ for this. just search and you will see

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,815 Posts
Font Material property Parallel Number Screenshot

Here is the window sticker. Stickered for $49,075 Like hellcats in 2015, its highly optioned. It has pretty much everything and it does have the technology package, you just dont get the adaptive cruise with the 6 speed, but you dont pay $495 or whatever it cost either.

Reactions: 6lbSsFt

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
3,021 Posts
Still way too high in my opinion. But, that's just my opinion :) It's a lot of money for a static garage queen that may or may not leak out of every seal the instant the new owner starts putting miles on it. It's mostly sat around for 7-8 years. All well and good if it were a collector car, but I just don't have any interest in 392s in a collector sense. For me, a low miles 392 is seen more as a detriment because these cars rot if they are left to grow roots. Collector cars like Demons, all well and good because driving them pulls the value down moreso than any maintenance incurred by leaving them static. Not true for a 392. Regardless if it's an SRT, 1320, T/A, or Scat Pack. Any collector will say, "Well, it's not a Hellcat." And that's pretty much where the discussion ends.

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,327 Posts
Show me a ad for another green low mile ‘15 SRT if it’s so high

Bought my ‘16 nine or ten months ago from some rich f*** up on the hill that had 8 garage doors. Car had 10,100 miles on it cuz he had a bunch of others to take his ole lady out in. Whatever. All I did was put a battery in it and flush the cooling system. I drive it every day (almost) put almost 7k easy ha miles on it and it’s fine. Starts to leak I’ll fix it. Starts to tick I’ll yank it. I don’t even have my donor motor yet but chances are in a year or two when it’s ready to drop in this one will not have needed a thing : )

Reactions: 6lbSsFt

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I keep looking at the SRT 392's and can't see paying that much for one even in pristine condition and low millage. It is mostly technology and aesthetic options over the SP. While it gets the SRT badging besides the 6 piston brakes there doesn't seem to be any improvement to the mechanical features, performance wise they were the same as the Scat Packs except SRT's had the performance pages, leather seat options, SRT steering wheel. At Sticker of $49K in 2015 car should have sold for around $45-46K, It's not a HC and there are newer Scat Packs that are as well optioned for similar price.

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
3,021 Posts
The SRT wasn't unique in its having the performance pages. All "Super Track Pack" cars had the performance pages. My T/A had it as well.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,569 Posts
The SRT wasn't unique in its having the performance pages. All "Super Track Pack" cars had the performance pages. My T/A had it as well.
It was at that time. There was no T/A in 2015.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,569 Posts
I keep looking at the SRT 392's and can't see paying that much for one even in pristine condition and low millage. It is mostly technology and aesthetic options over the SP. While it gets the SRT badging besides the 6 piston brakes there doesn't seem to be any improvement to the mechanical features, performance wise they were the same as the Scat Packs except SRT's had the performance pages, leather seat options, SRT steering wheel. At Sticker of $49K in 2015 car should have sold for around $45-46K, It's not a HC and there are newer Scat Packs that are as well optioned for similar price.
It did get the Hellcat spec wheels and SRT only hood too. SP's did not. Not a game changer but there were more changes. Also newer SP's are a dime a dozen. SRT is rare. Does that make it more desirable? Dunno.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
If you are a fan of the different trim levels and need it to complete the set, I guess. Considering a fully optioned T/A or Shaker goes for over $60K now, it's not a bad deal for $46K just not a great deal. I believe the change in platforms will have an effect on the price, if they keep the Challengers the same body styling but have electric and hybrid options then it will muddy the waters on the sub-HC trims. If they kill off the Challenger for a time and bring back the Avenger, Dart, or other designations then they should maintain value. Most people don't know the difference between trims and can't tell the difference between a SXT and a SRT, only fans debate 392 vs. T/A vs. SRT so the market is relatively small for people who really differentiate.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
635 Posts
can you guys show us ANY fully loaded big V8 car, with less than 4k miles on the odometer, with adaptive suspension, nav screen/electronics, and 6 piston brembo brakes, which can be had for less than $46k in today's used car market? lets start from there.

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,327 Posts
And it’s green

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Grille

Too bad it’s got the manual with the jacked up 1st-4th ratios

Isn’t dude posed to drive it today? Can hardly wait to hear his impression of the combo

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just for giggles, here's a 2,000 mile Prune-Sanity (Hellraisen) 2021 Widebody Scat Pack R/T automatic that just popped up at my local dealer. They want $58,125 for a car that originally MSRP'd at $57,775

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Font Gas Advertising Rectangle Poster

Here's the orginal window sticker online:

Font Number Paper Parallel Screenshot

41 - 60 of 107 Posts