SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Agree to disagree on some of that. Challenger was never meant to handle. They made the Viper for that, even if it was mostly track focused. Challenger handles sloppy by design and default. It’s big and heavy on purpose. Looking back in history the old Mopars were boats with extremely sloppy handling and obviously zero tech just by default due to the time period lol. Imo that contributes in a way to the retro theme. No fancy shmancy - just in your face brute power. Def part of the appeal. I think in that way they have done a great job of staying true to their roots. I do agree with you that they are currently behind in a lot of areas and if the tech and handling is what really matters to someone there are better choices obviously. But I can tell you that I myself have zero interest in a Mustang or a Vette regardless of performance and never cross shopped them. Actually I never cross shopped the Hellcat with anything else because no one else builds a comparable vehicle in the muscle cruiser category.
Also I dont see the tech being lacking to the degree of a 90’s Acura lol. Today’s basics are all there. There's just no need to forge ahead too far tech-wise in a brute cruiser that was never planned to go this far in the first place.
Idk for sure but I’ve read and heard the Wide Body Challenger Hellcats handle better than the non wide bodies because they have wider rims and tires. And has “wide body competition suspension”
I’ll miss my 18 Camaro. I should get my priorities straight lol and buy a house with a 3 car garage. I probably would keep the Camaro if I had a 3 car garage.

Edit: The base HC has 717 HP. And with a pulley, supporting mods and a good/safe dyno tune you can add over 100 more horsepower. And I love a lot of Hp and especially low end torque.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,544 Posts
Idk for sure but I’ve read and heard the Wide Body Challenger Hellcats handle better than the non wide bodies because they have wider rims and tires. And has “wide body competition suspension”
I’ll miss my 18 Camaro. I should get my priorities straight lol and buy a house with a 3 car garage. I probably would keep the Camaro if I had a 3 car garage.

Edit: The base HC has 717 HP. And with a pulley, supporting mods and a good/safe dyno tune you can add over 100 more horsepower. And I love a lot of Hp and especially low end torque.
Ive had both and for sure the WB handles better than the standard body. But neither handles like a newer Camaro or Mustang.

Reactions: HP_Addict19

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ive had both and for sure the WB handles better than the standard body. But neither handles like a newer Camaro or Mustang.
I test drove a brand new Scat Pack Challenger non-Widebody a couple years ago. I liked it a lot. And I can imagine how the HC 717 HP feels like stock. Lol.

I just hope the COT issues aren’t too big of a deal. It can just be tuned to correct that problem for now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
2,100 Posts
Correct me If Im wrong but isnt the 2015 interior on this car the same as the 2015 HC interior etc? Its not the tupperware interior of the 2008+ cars right or is it? Thought that went out in 2014. If its the 2015 interior I dont see the issue . I had a 2015 HC and didnt have an issue with it, and other than apple car play was the same to me as my 2018/2019 cars. what am I missing?
Yep, 2015 was the “refresh” year when Hellcat was introduced. Uconnect was improved a little for ’16 is all.

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
273 Posts
Just came across a 2016 Sublime Challenger SRT 392 with 3,300 miles on the clock and it really looks like this thing is immaculate. I’m seriously thinking about scooping this up. I have never driven one of these before but with it being an M6 I think it would be a blast. Whoever had it obviously kept it garaged as there is absolutely no corrosion on the rotors. So for those of you who have or have had one of these I’d like your input on this SRT 392. I like the fact that it isn’t a Scat. I know it’s overpriced @ 46,000 but if they’re not negotiable would you guys pay the price in this market for something like this

Waste containment Liquid Road surface Audio equipment Cylinder

This is about the closest sublime purchase that I’m gonna get.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,544 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Knuckles

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,270 Posts
One of the best bands ever. Seen em at a couple back yard party’s in OC. Bradly is buried a mile from here. Yes, a waste

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,978 Posts
One of the best bands ever. Seen em at a couple back yard party’s in OC. Bradly is buried a mile from here. Yes, a waste
The band is still together under a different name, "Slightly Stoopid." I'm not a fan really, as they're just a stoner band now.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I knew a guy from CA that grew up with one of the members and knew all of them well before they became famous, he was going to go on tour as a roadie (?). He moved to Texas back in 2005. They had issues before but the influx of fame and cash for a heron addict is a death sentence. I have no idea how Eric Clapton, Pete Townsend, and Iggy Pop are still alive.

What is this worth? does "used in Movie" add value or detract?

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,270 Posts
I bought the dodge truck that Batman cut off with the lambo in the dark knight. Got it CHEAP so I would say no

*How can ya not dig a band that was that, what’s the word? versatile?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I knew a guy from CA that grew up with one of the members and knew all of them well before they became famous, he was going to go on tour as a roadie (?). He moved to Texas back in 2005. They had issues before but the influx of fame and cash for a heron addict is a death sentence. I have no idea how Eric Clapton, Pete Townsend, and Iggy Pop are still alive.
I agree. Same with Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney and a couple others. Those guys did a ton of Drugs.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts