SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,

Looks good, being on the hood, do you need to replace it sooner than other body wrapped parts as I know mine the hood gets rather warm at times.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Looks good, being on the hood, do you need to replace it sooner than other body wrapped parts as I know mine the hood gets rather warm at times.

Regards,
Jim
I got the whole thing done for 250 and the guy told me if your gonna keep it for over 5 years come back every 2 years to be safe but if not it should last 5-7 years so if you’re not planning on keeping it’s a one time go. Call around a bunch for prices most were 400 same material

·
Registered
98 Posts
OEM painted, with ceramic coat protection, still a pain in the arse lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is to anyone reading this. I unfortunately have to park my car outside now that I moved. Anyone got a car cover to recommend thats not a California 3-400+ ? I’m aiming for like 120-170

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
230 Posts
I’m 25 can’t justify that unless I keep it forever. Either I’m upgrading to the redeye one day or new z06
Well, I've said the same thing before. Maintaining a wrap is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo time consuming unless you want it to look like shredded wheat in 2 years. This one is the first ever painted one for me (factory) and it is much easier to keep looking good. My T/A's hood was a godawful nightmare.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
230 Posts
Hood is a maybe. I like the black hood look. It looks like it is a lightweight race car hood. I do not understand why someone would paint the roof flat black. Race car Roof? I just don't get the roof look. You did avoid the hideous bumper stripes. And i love the color. Hellraisen?
Yep. Most classic muscle cars I've owned have been matte on the entire topside of the car. So, when I ordered this one, I followed suit :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
7 Posts
Not best pic, but I did the hood, roof and deck lid on my old ‘16 hot rod... totally transformed it. Love my new RE, but still feel some sad, sense of loss when I see this car 😕

·
Registered
566 Posts
Had my entire scat pack wrapped....loved it but would suggest getting it ceramic coated so its easier to maintain

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,601 Posts
Hood is a maybe. I like the black hood look. It looks like it is a lightweight race car hood. I do not understand why someone would paint the roof flat black. Race car Roof? I just don't get the roof look.
I think it comes down to continuity. To me the black hood doesnt look like a light weight anything. It just looks cool. But it's an island on it's own. Roof and trunk complete the look and help it flow imo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts