SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Wrapped my hood

10867 53
Since the factory couldn't I did it myself. What do you think?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Sure changes the appearance it looks FANTASTIC. Wife now really wants her pearl white done. Birthday present?
Just remember, Barry, "happy wife, happy life!" Now, If you can just pull that one off and keep it a surprise!

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Looks Great Buddy, and if you ever get tired of it you can pull it off no harm no foul!:)

Do they pop out the heat extractor and intake grids and then pop them back in or do they go right up to them?
Also did they leave a clean line from the wrap on the inside of the hood edge, a picture would be cool thanks.
Here are some close ups, I know the guy mentioned popping the vents out,

Reactions: MVT

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Buddy,

Do you know offhand whether the product used was a 3M product? Specifically
3M 1080 Satin Black Vinyl?
Yes it was 3M 1080 he kept calling it Flat Black and I said is it Satin Black and he said it was the same.

Reactions: gts_2001

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
I paid to have it done and it was dropped off at Noon and done by 1pm. But they had to let it sit inside for a couple hours to warm up, it was 20 degrees this morning!
Hood looks awesome buddy!
Coincidently, I wanted to get the same treatment, and was gonna go with the company Dodge recommends, and they too said it could get dropped off by Noon, and done by 1pm on the same day. When I was incredulous, they clarified, and said it'd be done by 1pm on the same date, but the following year!

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Since the factory couldn't I did it myself. What do you think?

Looks awesome! I am anxious to hear how easy it is to keep clean. My stripe takes a lot of special care so it doesn't have any marks or streaks. Did they recommend an cleaners? I bought a cleaner, but jury is still out on how it works. I need special towels.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I asked him if I could take it through the car wash and he said yes. I'm lazy so that's what I will do.

Reactions: gts_2001

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
I asked him if I could take it through the car wash and he said yes. I'm lazy so that's what I will do.
I had exactly the same concern about the car wash (fortunately I've found a place that has been very gentle with the finishes on my Porsche and my 08 Chally). Thanks for answering that!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Would like to see them do the process
There's all kinds of YouTube stuff out there showing the wrapping process. I have watched several and it seems that there are differing opinions as to the "proper" way to do a wrap. It's pretty fascinating, actually.

Reactions: magnummrk
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.