SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Terrible, blindsiding news from Subaru. There won’t be an STI version of the new WRX.

I’ve never owned a Subaru but I do appreciate their performance models. I feel bad myself, can’t imagine for those eagerly waiting for a new STI. At least we got a several year heads up of when the Hellcats are going away.

· Registered
A Van Down by the River
8,093 Posts
All the Subaru WRX owners I see are typically military.

Reactions: Julynch1

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,819 Posts
Had one new in 2004 when they hit NA. Great car under warranty. Off warranty, terrible cars. Engines are made of out glass and blow up all the time. The transmission barely holds stock power. But they do sound good decatted.

R.K.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,885 Posts
Had an 17 WRX M6 and then an 18 STI M6. The STI was qualitativly a much more satisifying car to drive than the WRX. Everything was a bit sharper, a bit faster, better feel. Really sad to see it end. Read an article yesterday that Subi said they killed it because with everything going EV, it wouldnt be around long enough to justify the $$$ spent on bringing out a new one. They should have made the S209 available order only for 22+ and let that be the end all. They put a lot of $ into certifying that car for the US and then only built 200 or so. That was stupid too.

Reactions: snobrdrdan
1 - 16 of 16 Posts