SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Glad I joined the forum. After reading much info on used Cats, it appears that many used for sale cars on the internet have crappy mods and were abused. This local example illustrates it to a T. Those seats ruined my outlook on used Cats. The car is essentially stock from all pictures until you see those GD seats. I think purchasing from a forum member might be the way to go. Every Cat I have looked at has been modded whether cosmetically or junky cheap performance crap.....I give up.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
159 Posts
Hey, to be fair, I'm seen some people do some pretty horrific things to Vipers and their interiors as well. :)

I'm going to look at a used Hellcat Challenger this afternoon. If all checks out mechanically, I'll likely be getting it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, to be fair, I'm seen some people do some pretty horrific things to Vipers and their interiors as well. :)

I'm going to look at a used Hellcat Challenger this afternoon. If all checks out mechanically, I'll likely be getting it.
Agreed. MANY Dodge Vipers have been modded with regrettable stuff.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I looked at many HC's, on the internet, before buying mine. I only looked at dealer cars, and very, very few had mods. I wouldn't have bought a moded one.

Reactions: OldMoparGuy

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,532 Posts
Any muscle car really. It's why I bite the bullet and buy new. People just feel the need to cheese their cars out and I want zero part of it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked on Koons website but all the cars are optioned with an auto trans....

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
159 Posts
Well my f’in luck...car sold before I could get there today. I was supposed to check it out yesterday, but salesman didn’t get back to me for a few days.
Sorry, venting!!! I’d factory order a new one, but no manuals!!! So pissed right now

·
Registered
299 Posts
If what you consider to be ugly seats has ruined your entire buying experience then you shouldn't even consider buying a used vehicle.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,532 Posts
If what you consider to be ugly seats has ruined your entire buying experience then you shouldn't even consider buying a used vehicle.
Pretty sure it wasnt the seats alone. Sounds to me like it's an accumulation of teenager tacky mods on multiple vehicles that he's looked at that people seem compelled to make on their cars before they get bored and sell them. Makes you wonder what other things they've had apart and made worse. Can't blame him at all.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's where I was headed. I have no desire to mod my car at all but it seems like I'm in the minority there. And as far as mods go or what has been as a result you're better off buying new if mods worry you.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Having been on several MOPAR forums going all they way back to 2007 that is why people join these forums. My 2014 Dodge Challenger Shaker is very modified buy being 66 years old I feel all my mods have been tasteful. Plus I have no plans to ever sell it. The Hellcat on the other hand other than some engine bay bling and at some point bigger wheels for the rear will be left alone. People have the perception that their mods should increase the value of their cars and that is simply not the case.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
489 Posts
I wish the Challenger had a body color spoiler and air dam like the Charger. I asked my local body guy how much to paint the spoiler. He shook his head and said, “You know, if you ever want to sell this, the buyer will be looking for the car to look just like it did when it left the factory”. I know he was right; I still have a black spoiler on a white car.

Re: Seats

I have seen cars where the seat is stretched out by a XXXL guy and is undrivable by someone my size. Even a ¼” clearance on each side means you will be flopping left and right in turns making aggressive driving impossible. In such a case, aftermarket seats are the simple solution, completely understandable. The color scheme is another story…

1 - 13 of 13 Posts