SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening - New to the board.

I have a 2020 Challenger HellCat, 8000 miles. Best run here in Gainesville FL is 11.05, @ 124.99, with a 1.61 60 ft.

Car is completely stock except for the M/T's. If I change to the 3.09s, will it need wither a new driveshaft and/or tuning?

I really dont want to mod it too much this soon.

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No to both questions - no tuning or special driveshaft needed. If you don't already I would highly suggest a differential brace though!
Any suggestions as to where to purchase? Seems that the one place the comes up with a google search doesn't list the part as being for 2020. Dont want to take any chances.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,309 Posts
Go on Per4mance Development website, they have a sale on them right now.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts
I Don't see the sale from P4D but usually HHP will honor the sale price.
+ @ HHP shipping is usually free.

Linda :)

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,859 Posts
Just as an FYI, a brace may or may not void your warranty. Just something to research if that matters to you.

Reactions: Linda's Hell Cat

·
Premium Member
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
955 Posts
Question, do these diff braces add noise, resonating, vibrations or anything to the car?? Not sure how they work, haven't seen one in person.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
924 Posts
It may have ended, I bought mine WED and got a sale price
[/QUO
Which one did you get? I see they have a two case bolt billet now as well as the four case one and of course the DIRS which is probably out of my league!

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts
It may have ended, I bought mine WED and got a sale price
HHP website has a VIP subscription that you can tap on to have alerts sent.
And you will see the Cover of Hotrod magazine. That's my husband and his "Top Cat" HellCat Challenger:)

I just received a text notice for a "Flash" sale today would be a good day to check it out and sign up.
There is a discount on the brace.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
924 Posts
HHP website has a VIP subscription that you can tap on to have alerts sent.
Ih and you will see the Cover of Hotrod magazine. That's my husband and his Top Cat Cat Challenger:)

I just received a text notice for a "Flash" sale today would be a good day to check it out and sign up.
There is a discount on the brace.

Very cool! I have that issue in perfect condition since before I had my cat! I thought the cover looked familiar at HHP. I will proudly keep it in my automotive collection!

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts
Very cool! I have that issue in perfect condition since before I had my cat! I thought the cover looked familiar at HHP. I will proudly keep it in my automotive collection! View attachment 569467
I don't hear that too much anymore!
Thank you it always warms my heart.💖

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye NB in Hellraisin
273 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye NB in Hellraisin
273 Posts

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,344 Posts
Good Evening - New to the board.

I have a 2020 Challenger HellCat, 8000 miles. Best run here in Gainesville FL is 11.05, @ 124.99, with a 1.61 60 ft.

Car is completely stock except for the M/T's. If I change to the 3.09s, will it need wither a new driveshaft and/or tuning?

I really dont want to mod it too much this soon.

Thank you!
Why not try to improve what you are already running before swapping diffs. Just curious.
Even for Florida it seams to me the 60' is a bit soft. It is February after all.
What wheel/tire set up are you running?
How are you launching?
Even in the heat of the summer my 60' is a half a tenth quicker easily.
If you want them for the added fun factor on the street then forget I asked. LOL
It just seams to me that this will be one of those times someone will swap diffs and possibly pick up a fair amount of time. Then it's "this is the best thing I ever did" all over again. When really the potential of the 2.62 was never achieved before the swap.
Just my $.02.
At least the diff is reasonably priced down there.

Diff brace recommend.
Even if they don't warranty the diff as I mentioned they are reasonably priced down there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why not try to improve what you are already running before swapping diffs. Just curious.
Even for Florida it seams to me the 60' is a bit soft. It is February after all.
What wheel/tire set up are you running?
How are you launching?
Even in the heat of the summer my 60' is a half a tenth quicker easily.
If you want them for the added fun factor on the street then forget I asked. LOL
It just seams to me that this will be one of those times someone will swap diffs and possibly pick up a fair amount of time. Then it's "this is the best thing I ever did" all over again. When really the potential of the 2.62 was never achieved before the swap.
Just my $.02.
At least the diff is reasonably priced down there.

Diff brace recommend.
Even if they don't warranty the diff as I mentioned they are reasonably priced down there.
Launching @ 2000 off footbrake. Tires are M/T 305/35 ET Street S/S

1 - 20 of 29 Posts