SRT Hellcat Forum banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
121 Posts
If they want it bad enough they’ll get it regardless
that's the truth! Nothing will stop someone that wants something that bad. A good lock will be a great deterrent as most of the time in trying to break the wheel lock you'll damage the wheel and no one wants a damaged wheel. That's why I prefer to run a set that all 5 lugs on each wheel have a key. I like splined lug nuts. It just makes stealing the a PITA more than anything.... then on top of that, i try to never leave my car in a place I feel someone is likely to do this to it. I'm lucky enough that I don't have to park in a parking garage overnight or out on the street or even a significant distance from my car like some do.

at the end of the day, and big of a nightmare as the whole situation would be, that's why we pay premiums for insurance.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
If they want it bad enough they’ll get it regardless.
that's the truth! Nothing will stop someone that wants something that bad.

At the end of the day, and big of a nightmare as the whole situation would be, that's why we pay premiums for insurance.

Well the thing is if you actually check out the website and buy their product then follow the process they will replace wheels and tires if they are stolen. That way you are not using your insurance to replace..

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
747 Posts
Well the thing is if you actually check out the website and buy their product then follow the process they will replace wheels and tires if they are stolen. That way you are not using your insurance to replace..
Guess it appears the RimLox are not actually lug nuts but a bolt that fits behind your center cap?
It’s a bit confusing.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
121 Posts
Guess it appears the RimLox are not actually lug nuts but a bolt that fits behind your center cap?
It’s a bit confusing.
no, they are a special lugthat is super slim. You bolt one on and torque it to spec THEN you place a stock looking lug over top and tighten it up by hand.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
The more I drive this car the more I feel the correct settings on the performance page are custom with trans on sport and traction control off and everything else set on auto mode with paddle shifters on. Seems like the perfect balance!

What are others doing?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
121 Posts
i drive mine alot with everything set to street.. the only thing I dont like is the fact I like the throttle response of sport. I prefer the softer setting of street for DD but I dont like the pedal feel. Once I add a Sprint Booster ill be set. I will be able to have my soft settings with the throttle response I love as well.

I also drive a manual so the trans settings I obviously dont have. Just suspension/steering/traction

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
747 Posts
I put my shit in sport 85% of the time.
Trying to figure out how much these new tires will cost me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Man I agree that setting for the trans is spot on, it just works really well. When I want to feel everything on the road I push the track setting an wow. Less brake dust on the front wheels in track mode. The trans stops the car all by itself.

914 miles after today's fun run.

Have to ask why are you buying tires?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
looking good
Thanks! These NA 392 cars have ruined us for sure. I saw on the 1320 thread where a member had taken his car to the track for the first time and ran a 11.61ET with no weight reduction at all with sunroof and full interior, just amazing!

I remember not so long ago a NA car off the showroom floor running 13 seconds was fast then they gave us access to buy 12 second NA cars and we can now buy NA cars that can lay down an 11 second quarter mile pass and make it look easy doing it!

Did any car sold by the big 3 back in the Muscle Car days run 11's in the quarter mile straight from the lot?

This is truly an amazing time we live in! Got a little garage art to show my support.

IMG_20191127_074002.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Sounds like you have been having alot of fun. Just celebrated 5 mos. and 1,016 miles. Getting ready for the first oil change! Then it will be time for some fun.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts