SRT Hellcat Forum banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Well I looked into the entire changing the brake pads deal but do not want to give Dodge the chance to deny a front brake issue because I put aftermarket brake pads on a brand new car. If you think about It we should not even have this issue. I have never seen anything like this on a car purchased from a dealership!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #165 (Edited)
No both of our Cars are very cool! Love the Window tint on yours it looks great! Sounds like you have been having alot of fun while driving the tires off of your WB Scat. Be safe with it and enjoy!

Saw where you are asking about tips at the straight track. If on regular tires drive around water box then back up to just the edge of it. Watch a few videos on how to use your line lock.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No both of our Cars are very cool! Love the Window tint on yours it looks great! Sounds like you have been having alot of fun while driving the tires off of your WB Scat. Be safe with it and enjoy!

Saw where you are asking about tips at the straight track. If on regular tires drive around water box then back up to just the edge of it. Watch a few videos on how to use your line lock.

Hope this helps.
thanks for the tips! Stay safe out there and have fun with your car!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Whatever you do please don't drive through the water with those wide front tires. You will carry water to the starting line and it will be a spin fest and could even cause loss if control! Then the track staff will have to dry the track before the next car can go.

Good luck!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Merry Christmas everyone be safe!

IMG_20191225_075344.jpg

The WB Scat got a Christmas gift!! Currently at 1,082 miles and ready for some Christmas fun!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Has anyone ever measured the amount of oil coming out when you drain the oil and filter the first time to confirm 7 quarts? With everyone saying their could be inconsistencies with the dipstick readings it seems like a good idea.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Results from the first oil and oil filter change on the WB Scat are in!

Before starting the oil change the dipstick showed full after setting overnight same as it did after I brought it home from the dealer. No oil loss during the 1,093 miles driven. Oil drained till all that was coming out was a very slow drip and oil filter drained for 2 hrs all oil was measured and it came out very close to 6.5 quarts.

After seeing what came out of the engine on the first oil change I filled the new oil filter with oil and installed it. I then put a total of 6.5 quarts of oil in the engine which included what I had put into the new oil filter.

I cycled the engine on and off three times and then let it idle for a few minutes to get it up to temperature. Everything looked good so I put the belly pan back on and backed it off the ramps. Let the car set overnight and the dipstick is setting exactly on the full mark same as it was before I started the oil change.

What do you all think?

161 - 171 of 171 Posts