SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mother and her gaggle of kids were there at a DQ when I pulled up. She explained that her boys REALLY loved my car, which had just driven by. The boys came to loudly exclaim a series of "WOW's" and general amazement over the car. I have rarely ever seen that level of raw enthusiasm over anything. It was really a joy. When I came to leave, I revved it up once, even MORE enthusiasm. I was smiling really big. One kid went to cover his ears but since I only revved it once, he let his hands down and just smiled and did that "ooooohhh!!!" expression.

Oh, God, when I have kids, make them like that, please.

In the adult world you don't see much enthusiasm over anything, let alone expressions thereof. It was a really refreshing change. The little girl was not so enthusiastic but enjoyed being around the excitement of her brothers. It was so cute.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
290 Posts
Hkat...there is no doubt your kids will follow in your footsteps. Glad you got to experience youth experience like that. Tends to make your day better.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
180 Posts
This picture was taken at a car show, 3-4 years ago. I had my 1,024whp ProCharged Mustang out and this kid sat by my car like he owned it for 2 straight hours. He asked me what I did to it, how this part fit in that part, why I didn't get some other type of tires instead of the ones I had, and on... and on... and on. So, by the end of the show, I'm packing the car up and the kid is still there. I called him over and said, "Hey bud, wanna rev it?" I started the car (with the e-brake engaged) and let him rev it and rev it and rev it and mash the horn and rev it for about a straight minute. This is what that looked like:

·
Registered
2020 Charger HC WB
47 Posts
My enjoyment with this beautiful machine is amplified by the enjoyment my kids get out of it as well. I have had it for only a couple days and I can tell this is going to be the best purchase I have made in a long time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
392 Posts
when I had my 1st Hellcat, I came out of a grocery store to a mom and her son eyeing up the car. The little man knew everything about Hellcats! So, I opened the door and asked him if he wanted to jump in behind the wheel. I'm pretty sure he didn't sleep that night...

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Kids are great. I spent 32 years as a computer engineer. I just started teaching 7th and 8th graders science. It's refreshing being around that kind of enthusiasm again. Some of the kids really love my car, I daily drive my hellcat and I am a minor celebrity at school. How cool is that!

·
Registered
195 Posts
My son is 12. So far he has not been as excited about cars as I always have been, and my father before me. We were always certified car nuts, it shocked me that my son never really seemed interested even though he has seen me go through many different muscle cars. The other day I bought him a golf cart to cruise around the neighborhood. Now I have seen him come alive! He loves driving it everyday, and is now suddenly and completely super excited about cars. There is no better joy than to see children experiencing sheer pleasure and excitement! Especially when they are your children.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is GREAT, it’s GREAT to make kids and others smile with our cars, but the title of this thread just doesn’t sound right. Thoughts that pop into my mind is a priest driving a Hellcat
I tend to use what I term classic or high English, and assume the best of my audience. :D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kids are great. I spent 32 years as a computer engineer. I just started teaching 7th and 8th graders science. It's refreshing being around that kind of enthusiasm again. Some of the kids really love my car, I daily drive my hellcat and I am a minor celebrity at school. How cool is that!
Want to get boys hooked on physics? Explain the relationship between acceleration, g forces, the square relationship of speed and drag, and the cubic relationship between speed and horsepower, and performance stuff. You might steer some kids into being engineers. Also, use nitrous oxide and other fuels/oxidizers to get them interested more in chemistry.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Want to get boys hooked on physics? Explain the relationship between acceleration, g forces, the square relationship of speed and drag, and the cubic relationship between speed and horsepower, and performance stuff. You might steer some kids into being engineers. Also, use nitrous oxide and other fuels/oxidizers to get them interested more in chemistry.
Just did a lesson on acceleration for the 8th graders. They have already seen some drag racing videos and the redbull space jump from 24 miles. It was a very cool video. Instrumented with 7 gopros and speed sensors. the jumper reached 850 Mi/H until he hit 65K feet then started decelerating began a flat spin where he almost blacked out. (even though he was a 20 year skydive veteran) deceleration continued until he hit terminal velocity of 127 Mi/h. I like your idea for a lesson on nitrous oxide. I can weave it in I hope later in the year. They like real world stories like how the highway patrol will shoot radar at the bottom of a hill to catch speeders. (the difference between average velocity and instantaneous velocity. Sucks to get that ticket. love this shit.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just did a lesson on acceleration for the 8th graders. They have already seen some drag racing videos and the redbull space jump from 24 miles. It was a very cool video. Instrumented with 7 gopros and speed sensors. the jumper reached 850 Mi/H until he hit 65K feet then started decelerating began a flat spin where he almost blacked out. (even though he was a 20 year skydive veteran) deceleration continued until he hit terminal velocity of 127 Mi/h. I like your idea for a lesson on nitrous oxide. I can weave it in I hope later in the year. They like real world stories like how the highway patrol will shoot radar at the bottom of a hill to catch speeders. (the difference between average velocity and instantaneous velocity. Sucks to get that ticket. love this shit.
Why the world needs FAR more male teachers who are also not afflicted with soyitis.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts