SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Mean Green Raccoon Eating Machine
Challenger SRT Hellcat
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been repeatedly written in the press that the best 0-60 times have been with 2nd gear starts. Has anyone seen anything about a 0-60 time using the Black Keyfob which by default mandates a 2nd gear start?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
It has been repeatedly written in the press that the best 0-60 times have been with 2nd gear starts. Has anyone seen anything about a 0-60 time using the Black Keyfob which by default mandates a 2nd gear start?
Not yet, I wouldn't even use the black key FOB :cool:

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I doubt you will see much about numbers with the black key fob. Dodge is trying to blow away the competition and the black keys only function is to keep some dipstick from roughing up your baby while you are at dinner or a hotel. I am with Jay Leno on that, NO ONE DRIVES MY BABY! I am only gonna use black key fob during first 500 miles so I am not tempted to go over break in speeds.o_O

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
the way I read it.. the red key fob unlocks 707 hp, the black only 500 and a valet mode for BOTH keys.. I might need to limit my 73 yr old dad to 500 HP! :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,092 Posts
Do you only get 1 black and 1 red key? I imagine a replacement would run a couple hundred bucks. Does it have remote start?
FYI.......from the Operators Manual concerning number of keys

NOTE: SRT vehicles equipped with the 6.2L Supercharged
engine comes with three key fobs (two red and
one black) that allow for different engine power levels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.