SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,127 Posts
So these look really great and hopefully help with rock chips. Anyone know who has these at a decent price? Looking to order so that I have them when the new RE arrives. Wanna get them on before I do much driving.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
I ordered mine about two weeks ago and still waiting. My arrival time was 6/11, then it was "adjusted" to 6/15. We'll see....
I want to have them on before I do any long trip with the car. Only has like 840 miles on it right now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,127 Posts
I ordered mine about two weeks ago and still waiting. My arrival time was 6/11, then it was "adjusted" to 6/15. We'll see....
I want to have them on before I do any long trip with the car. Only has like 840 miles on it right now.
So realistically these are about a month out. Good thing i ordered mine tonight then. New RE is prob a little over that time frame away. Hopefully ill have the skirts and rock guards here waiting to go on by then. Not taking chances after reading all of the nightmare posts about paint chipping on the WB’s.

Reactions: VARedeye

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,341 Posts
So these look really great and hopefully help with rock chips. Anyone know who has these at a decent price? Looking to order so that I have them when the new RE arrives. Wanna get them on before I do much driving.
As far as I know ZL1 Addons is only company that makes them, at least that's where I got mine. They definitely help with the @timmbo rock guards.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,127 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,127 Posts
Where did you guys get those rocker panels? They look great. I want some! And the rock guards. Thanks.
Here ya go

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
So realistically these are about a month out. Good thing i ordered mine tonight then. New RE is prob a little over that time frame away. Hopefully ill have the skirts and rock guards here waiting to go on by then. Not taking chances after reading all of the nightmare posts about paint chipping on the WB’s.
I was getting ready to email them and ask WTF is taking so long.....so I went back to the web site and found out that indeed they do say there's a 7-10 business day delay for "processing" on these parts....and they also mention an additional 2-3 day delay in shipping due to all this other crap going on around the country.

So - I didn't email them about why its taking so long. I didn't read the fine print I guess. Kinda sucks since my brother ordered his 2 days before me (for his corvette) from somewhere else - and not only has he received his, he made an appt. and had a dealer install them already.

I placed my order on 5/28.....so if I get them Monday, the delay is more like 13-14 "Business" days, or 17 normal days...again...if they arrive this Monday....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
138 Posts
I was getting ready to email them and ask WTF is taking so long.....so I went back to the web site and found out that indeed they do say there's a 7-10 business day delay for "processing" on these parts....and they also mention an additional 2-3 day delay in shipping due to all this other crap going on around the country.

So - I didn't email them about why its taking so long. I didn't read the fine print I guess. Kinda sucks since my brother ordered his 2 days before me (for his corvette) from somewhere else - and not only has he received his, he made an appt. and had a dealer install them already.

I placed my order on 5/28.....so if I get them Monday, the delay is more like 13-14 "Business" days, or 17 normal days...again...if they arrive this Monday....
I ordered a barton shifter through speedlogix... 3.5 months ago.... but because of this covid shit, everything was shut down and shipping is stupid slow. I know that barton was shut down for a while and I believe that ZL1 was as well. everyone is playing catch up, but what would be wonderful, is if these smaller vendors would keep their customer's informed. I have had to call a million times to both Barton and speedlogix to find out the status of my order. Which then became a hassle as it was just a bunch of finger pointing as to who dropped the ball. I will not order through either company again. As it is, I emailed speedlogix about 3 days ago and no response.... after i gave them kudos to other members here, they have lost my business and i take all my kudos back! lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here ya go
Thanks man.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
964 Posts
So if this mounts to the front pinch weld and you need to Jack the car up, where do you put the jack? Is there still room to Jack from the front pinch weld?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
61 Posts
So if this mounts to the front pinch weld and you need to Jack the car up, where do you put the jack? Is there still room to Jack from the front pinch weld?
Thats the plus, you can use it as a jacking point. There are youtube videos out there that say you can use them all, but i wouldnt recommend that, im very conformable using the front and the rear factory mounted rubber one.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,127 Posts
Info on it says theres a jack pad built into one of the mounting points.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
138 Posts
Just like this....

Front ones are pictured here and are larger than the rest, however, I use the ones in the rear so that I can put my jack stands under the factory knob in the back. I lightly tightened the set screws on the pinch weld pads, then put the jack under them and put some pressure on them so they would fully seat before I tightened the set screws down 100%. Otherwise the first time you do use them as a jack point they WILL move and you'll be redoing them... unless you like a wavy side skirt.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
138 Posts
and just for some fyi on the widebodies....

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

I notified Zl1Addons of this, not sure they have adjusted their specs or not. The skirts are flush up against the ZL1 Rock Guards in the front and hang into the rear wheel well 1/4". Aesthetically, I notice it, most people will not. It should never be an issue with the tires so I'm not worried about it.

says the last picture is sensitive content, 18+ years.... i think its because the side skirts are filty...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
and just for some fyi on the widebodies....

View attachment 556436 View attachment 556437 View attachment 556438

I notified Zl1Addons of this, not sure they have adjusted their specs or not. The skirts are flush up against the ZL1 Rock Guards in the front and hang into the rear wheel well 1/4". Aesthetically, I notice it, most people will not. It should never be an issue with the tires so I'm not worried about it.

says the last picture is sensitive content, 18+ years.... i think its because the side skirts are filty...
Thx for the great pics and heads up on what to look for when I go to install these. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow. -And I'm with you, I hope ZL1 adjusted the length 1/4" shorter on these.....but I'm not counting on it. Doesn't seem to be a huge deal though.

EDIT: Also good heads-up on painting the front two brackets on these so they are hidden....great to know before vs. after they're installed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just like this....
View attachment 556434 View attachment 556435
Front ones are pictured here and are larger than the rest, however, I use the ones in the rear so that I can put my jack stands under the factory knob in the back. I lightly tightened the set screws on the pinch weld pads, then put the jack under them and put some pressure on them so they would fully seat before I tightened the set screws down 100%. Otherwise the first time you do use them as a jack point they WILL move and you'll be redoing them... unless you like a wavy side skirt.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts
Front ZL1 3.5 in Splitter with Rods....looks even meaner now!!!

Reactions: Beast707
81 - 100 of 128 Posts