·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,223 Posts
and just for some fyi on the widebodies....

View attachment 556436 View attachment 556437 View attachment 556438

I notified Zl1Addons of this, not sure they have adjusted their specs or not. The skirts are flush up against the ZL1 Rock Guards in the front and hang into the rear wheel well 1/4". Aesthetically, I notice it, most people will not. It should never be an issue with the tires so I'm not worried about it.

says the last picture is sensitive content, 18+ years.... i think its because the side skirts are filty...
Mine are the same 🙄
20200614_185625.jpg
20200614_185625.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts
Looks killer. How was the install?
Pretty easy not too hard, had to buy my own bolts and nuts, I didnt get it with the splitters.....weird

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts
Thanks Man, when you gonna come hang out with us? This saturday was Iron Gate Drive Thru in Naperville. Ill post a pic on this in the IL meet up thread.

Reactions: Beast707

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,341 Posts
Thanks Man, when you gonna come hang out with us? This saturday was Iron Gate Drive Thru in Naperville. Ill post a pic on this in the IL meet up thread.
Saturday was messing with her most of the day how was it? Once a get a few things ironed out it will happen for sure!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Well, they finally arrived... A1159A3C-5ACE-4A93-84A8-1900344BC93E.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Installed....finally. Took way longer than it should have, but I had to lengthen the rear bracket hole on the Passenger and drivers side skirts. I tried to install as is, and there's really no way to access the Allen head screw on the rear brackets. Ends up 1/4 inch away from a plastic panel and no way to get any wrench on it to tighten. Once I lengthened the hole about a 1/2" forward, it put the screws in a place where I could BARELY get to them with an Allen wrench....and it was still very frustrating to get to. I used a cutting wheel on a Dremel tool to do the cutting.

I wonder if the '19 RE's have a different plastic pan under the rear seat than the others do....I don't know why they would, but there was absolutely no way anyone would have access to the rear bracket Allen head screw without moving it forward that 1/2" or so. It made a 45 minute job take 2
61404398174__E15B35D4-16C5-4816-A8F5-A03C0A41CC06.JPG
hours.

-BTW, the skirts I got were the perfect length. No 1/4" overhang or anything.

EDIT: And I did paint the visible areas on the 2 front and rear brackets black before I installed them. Good thing I did, as the raw aluminum would have stuck out a bit if I didn't paint. Not a big deal, but a great heads-up for those installing these.

Reactions: OldMoparGuy

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts
looks good, at least you have ramps to do it on, I was just on bare floor doing it. hopefully you used loctite

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
138 Posts
Installed....finally. Took way longer than it should have, but I had to lengthen the rear bracket hole on the Passenger and drivers side skirts. I tried to install as is, and there's really no way to access the Allen head screw on the rear brackets. Ends up 1/4 inch away from a plastic panel and no way to get any wrench on it to tighten. Once I lengthened the hole about a 1/2" forward, it put the screws in a place where I could BARELY get to them with an Allen wrench....and it was still very frustrating to get to. I used a cutting wheel on a Dremel tool to do the cutting.

I wonder if the '19 RE's have a different plastic pan under the rear seat than the others do....I don't know why they would, but there was absolutely no way anyone would have access to the rear bracket Allen head screw without moving it forward that 1/2" or so. It made a 45 minute job take 2 View attachment 556547 hours.

EDIT: And I did paint the visible areas on the 2 front and rear brackets black before I installed them. Good thing I did, as the raw aluminum would have stuck out a bit if I didn't paint. Not a big deal, but a great heads-up for those installing these.

When I did mine, I just took the plastic belly pan(pictured above) off, it was like 4 nuts and 3 push pins i believe..... then you have direct access to all of the clips without modification.

Here's the thread I explained this in... you even responded to it @Confuzed2 lol. anyways, looks great!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
looks good, at least you have ramps to do it on, I was just on bare floor doing it. hopefully you used loctite
Thanks. I can't imagine installing them without ramps. Actually I didn't use loctite...I guess if I see one coming loose, I can add it.
View attachment 556554
When I did mine, I just took the plastic belly pan(pictured above) off, it was like 4 nuts and 3 push pins i believe..... then you have direct access to all of the clips without modification.

Here's the thread I explained this in... you even responded to it @Confuzed2 lol. anyways, looks great!!!

I see I did reply in that post!...duh. Well, if I would have looked closer I would have removed them. In hind site, I would have been better off putting the ramps under the rear tires so I could actually remove those panels. But then again, trimming the hole a little wasn't too difficult and didn't hurt anything. Of course, if you watch the vid from ZL1, they don't mention anything about removing any belly pans/panels. I can only assume the Redeye's are just a little different. What's under those panels anyway?

The front of the skirt is even with the rock guards in front, and there's no overhang in the back at all. The length was perfect. Maybe they (ZL1) did adjust their measurements?

Reactions: drocKinCO

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
120 Posts
View attachment 556554

Where do you buy these from ?

·
Registered
101 Posts

I wonder if the '19 RE's have a different plastic pan under the rear seat than the others do....I don't know why they would, but there was absolutely no way anyone would have access to the rear bracket Allen head screw without moving it forward that 1/2" or so. It made a 45 minute job take 2 View attachment 556547 hours.

Sorry for being off topic, but what model of race ramps do you have? I need to order a set, and want to be sure I get them long enough that they'll clear the spoiler up front.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,341 Posts

I had the same issue with my set from last year. I did talk to Matt about the issue and sent pics to him and he did refund me some money. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Sorry for being off topic, but what model of race ramps do you have? I need to order a set, and want to be sure I get them long enough that they'll clear the spoiler up front.
Name is on the side of the ramps. 67" XT 2 piece if your car is factory height.
I had the same issue with my set from last year. I did talk to Matt about the issue and sent pics to him and he did refund me some money. Just an FYI.
It would be nice if they (ZL1) would tell us that either the rear holes need to be extended slightly or those belly pans need to be removed to access/tighten the rear brackets on some cars. It wasn't a huge deal, but it'd be nice to know beforehand so you don't think its going to be a 30 minute job like they show you on the film they have. They only mention in the vid that the screws on the rear brackets are "hard to get to"......but they are actually impossible to tighten unless the holes are extended or the pans removed.

Reactions: Beast707

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,341 Posts
Name is on the side of the ramps. 67" XT 2 piece if your car is factory height.

It would be nice if they (ZL1) would tell us that either the rear holes need to be extended slightly or those belly pans need to be removed to access/tighten the rear brackets on some cars. It wasn't a huge deal, but it'd be nice to know beforehand so you don't think its going to be a 30 minute job like they show you on the film they have. They only mention in the vid that the screws on the rear brackets are "hard to get to"......but they are actually impossible to tighten unless the holes are extended or the pans removed.
IMO. I think is was an error in the manufacturing process. We had some of the same issues. I know at least 3 other guys that have them and no issues at all with install. When I called Matt wasn't in anger was more of letting him know that this may be an issue for others.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts