SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my ZL1 front splitter protectors on this weekend

install was somewhat difficult unless you have really, really small hands......you take out 5 rubber plugs under the car and work the bolts,nuts through those holes...pretty much doing it all by feel....then you have to get a box wrench onto the nut(through one of those previously plugged holed) to hold it while you tighten the allen bolt.....its doable, but i did swear a few times while doing it...by the 5th one i had the hang of it.

i did have 2 missing parts and 1 bolt had bad threads on it....i called their phone # provided with the instructions...got a call back within 1 hour, they shipped the parts immediately and they arrived the next day (today)...amazing service.....

the quality is really nice and i do think it will stop some of the splitter damage, but not all...it depends on where and how it hits.........worth the few bucks i paid and 1 hour of your time....having a car lift is almost a must unless you want to spend 2-3 hours and swear more...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts

install was somewhat difficult unless you have really, really small hands......you take out 5 rubber plugs under the car and work the bolts,nuts through those holes...pretty much doing it all by feel....then you have to get a box wrench onto the nut(through one of those previously plugged holed) to hold it while you tighten the allen bolt.....its doable, but i did swear a few times while doing it...by the 5th one i had the hang of it.

i did have 2 missing parts and 1 bolt had bad threads on it....i called their phone # provided with the instructions...got a call back within 1 hour, they shipped the parts immediately and they arrived the next day (today)...amazing service.....

the quality is really nice and i do think it will stop some of the splitter damage, but not all...it depends on where and how it hits.........worth the few bucks i paid and 1 hour of your time....having a car lift is almost a must unless you want to spend 2-3 hours and swear more...
Have any pics? I may have to look into doing this. The splitter damage is inevitable and from what I've heard here replacing the splitter is way more complicated and time consuming than it should be.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,308 Posts

Sorry you struggled with it Huggy. I did mine on the floor and was done in 45 minutes with no instructions. :rolleyes:

Reactions: StellasHC and 630

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts

Thank you for the overview and information. Do you by chance have any pictures of the install or was it too difficult to get under there to take them. Not a lot of space...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ford did their splitter right on the 13/14 gt500.......it comes off with a few screws and clips and can be replace by anyone....mine got too messed up, so i just replaced it in 20 minutes....with Dodge its a major thing to replace

i think even with the splitter protectors it will get damage further back....my 2011 used to scrape the lift ramps once in a while.....low sitting cars all have scraped up spoilers

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks again John for the awesome service.....no one is perfect, but you made it right and crazy quick.....thats why i decided to write the review for you!

i am very happy with the product

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
289 Posts
If you look at the splitter close up you will see that under the lip it is not a flat surface to make a large protector like the Vett has. So the fastest way was to use our splitter washers. The splitter is riveted on in some areas and not easy to remove like other splitters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.