SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

LOWERED!! KW Adjustable coil springs installed....

67646 Views 167 Replies 62 Participants Last post by  Hirohawa
Took the time to install my KW springs today... Install wasnt too bad. It took me about 4 hours crawling aroung by myself. A lot of that time was taking the wheels on and off to make height adjustments.. And another 1/2 hour was needed to run to the store to buy 2 set screws that were needed and some crazy German neglected to include....

The spings are fully adjustable height wise. I ended up adjusting the car down 1" all the way around. I measured from the ground to the front and rear wheel lips, and also the front splitter to gauge the difference... I will give the car few hundred miles to "settle", as they mention the car may settle another .2"-.3".... Then I will have the alignment checked..

Ride quality, honestly, has not been affected AT ALL... rides quality is exactly the same in all 3 Suspension Modes, but is definetly less "floaty" when in "Street" mode, which is what I use on our wonderful Wisconsin roadways...

Before and after pics... thoughts? I am VERY happy with the look...

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
41 - 60 of 168 Posts

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
You're referring to Grudge the horror movie? Lmao we're off topic again so we needs to stop
You started it! That's all I'm saying. So, I am excited to see how the lowering performs and how it holds up with that splitter. I have scraped mine once just turning into a driveway that wasn't even that steep. It scares me now, I will back over crap before I drive up on it! :eek:

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Really? Because I haven't been able to stop singing that stupid song since I read the lyrics here earlier!! Arghhhhh!
Tammi, Stella must just not be musically inclined, that's all. :confused:

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Either that, or you referenced the most annoying song ever that I am pretty sure was produced before I was born.. sorry I cant relate..
How sad that you can't relate. The song was released in 1975 and is still played (very often) today. One might consider it a "classic". Obviously, because of it's continued air play, someone still likes it.

Reactions: peteguy and 630

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
How sad that you can't relate. The song was released in 1975 and is still played (very often) today. One might consider it a "classic". Obviously, because of it's continued air play, someone still likes it.
Its "sad" because I dont relate to a crappy song that was released in a year before I was born? Im not a fan of 70s rock, and I dont consider them "classics"... I dont think its "sad" that you probably dont relate to the 80s and 90s music I grew up with and now consider "classics"..

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Its "sad" because I dont relate to a crappy song that was released in a year before I was born? Im not a fan of 70s rock, and I dont consider them "classics"... I dont think its "sad" that you probably dont relate to the 80s and 90s music I grew up with and now consider "classics"..
No harm meant. I like all music and a lot from before my time. It was a light joke, nothing more. Please take it as such. :)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Most people that hear the song tap their feet and get a smile on their face. That seems like a good thing to me. In my opinion, anything that brings happiness is a good thing. I find it sad when someone isn't able, or willing, to partake of it. If that's your choice, then that's your choice and I won't try to challenge that.

Regarding the other part of your statement pertaining to 80's and 90's music, you've made a bad assumption that I don't like or appreciate the music you grew up with. I happen to have been blessed with many interests and talents. One of my talents is that I have been a guitarist since age 6 and started playing professionally at the age of 8. Although music is not my main occupation, I still play professionally (lead guitar and yes, I can shred with the best of them, thank you!) in a band that has 2 attorneys, a parole officer, a female youth minister, and myself. We play an eclectic repertoire of music from Johnny Cash to Lady Gaga. The time period spans from the 50's through today. We play anywhere from 10 to 18 engagements only every year since we do it for fun and still have enough weekends to enjoy family and other interests. By the way, all of the music we play makes me happy.

You seem angry or offended in the way your post is worded. It was not my intent to provoke that type of response. If you are angry or offended because of my comments, please accept my apology!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
127 Posts
Text Font Line Parallel

Now that's how the factory should have done it. Looks perfect at an inch lower. Now how much room do you have between tire and inner fender well. Do we have room for a 295/45/20. It's only 3/4 inch wider.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Took the time to install my KW springs today... Install wasnt too bad. It took me about 4 hours crawling aroung by myself. A lot of that time was taking the wheels on and off to make height adjustments.. And another 1/2 hour was needed to run to the store to buy 2 set screws that were needed and some crazy German neglected to include....

The spings are fully adjustable height wise. I ended up adjusting the car down 1" all the way around. I measured from the ground to the front and rear wheel lips, and also the front splitter to gauge the difference... I will give the car few hundred miles to "settle", as they mention the car may settle another .2"-.3".... Then I will have the alignment checked..

Ride quality, honestly, has not been affected AT ALL... rides quality is exactly the same in all 3 Suspension Modes, but is definetly less "floaty" when in "Street" mode, which is what I use on our wonderful Wisconsin roadways...

Before and after pics... thoughts? I am VERY happy with the look...

View attachment 6037 View attachment 6038
That looks EXCELLENT. Many people go too low. IMO this is perfect. Looks super. Report back when you get some miles on it.

Reactions: StellasHC

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
If you like how mine looks, I can PM you the details on how to get it there in the adjustments... it took a lot of trial and error on my part. Keep in mind, it may settle another 1/4" from what I pictured..
Don't PM. Post it up here or better yet add it to the Wiki section. Share the good info. you have. You did a nice job setting up your new springs!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
View attachment 6717
Now that's how the factory should have done it. Looks perfect at an inch lower. Now how much room do you have between tire and inner fender well. Do we have room for a 295/45/20. It's only 3/4 inch wider.

3/4 of an inch would be no problem at all...

Don't PM. Post it up here or better yet add it to the Wiki section. Share the good info. you have. You did a nice job setting up your new springs!

I did put the info in the post on a previous page...

41 - 60 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.